Sunday, November 25, 2007

SAVED

Had my visit from my two favorite, uninvited, neighborhood gospel spreaders today. Yeah, I know what you're thinkin, but I got busted in the driveway. I got to say, this guys Jehovah mobile has better stealth capabilities than any Imperial Star Destroyer or Klingon Battlecruiser. Didn't even see it comin. I figure if we explain to him how our good friend Osama is in need of some spiritual guidance, and get the Marines to tail him.... problem solved.
Even still, we had our fun with them. My son starts to pester and annoy one of them to the point that he was looking at a way out worse than I was. "Wanna see my trick?" "Where's your car?" "Can I have another book?" "I'm 4" "I have a hole in my shoe" Priceless commentary-perfectly timed. I turned to my daughter, only to proudly discover her instincts are more honed than my own, she's long gone. So I took my bible lesson like a man, until they decided they had enough 4 year old for the day.
Then, just as mysteriously as they popped up, they seemed to de-materialize. I doubt they'll be back too soon.
It's hard to say who will win the war. But this battle belonged to us.


0 comments: