Monday, June 30, 2008

A Dream with a Hole

The store was a mess,

from the workmen you see,
A Dunkin' Donuts kiosk,
being installed - just for me.

The weeks flew past,
as I awaited the day,
that creme-filled goodness,
would be here to stay.

That day was today,
and with much anticipation,
this store now was much more,
than just a gas station.

Sweet greatness by the dozen,
hot goodness by the cup,
I'm gettin' 9 donuts,
I hope they stocked up.

As I skipped through the doors,
like a pastry explorer,
not a donut in sight,
(imagine the horror).

No colorful sprinkles,
no chocolate eclaire,
no wonderin' how,
the creme gets in there.

They're just sellin' coffee,
they think they're Starbucks,
but without any bearclaws,
I think this just sucks.

They hurt me this mornin',
they shattered a dream,
next time there's a choice,
.....I'll buy Krispy Kreme.

If you've ever been slighted, and know of my plight,
Then just click on this, and the world will be right.

14 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

I feel your pain
I really do
But show some restrain
Or have them deliver to you!

Anonymous said...

what the hell is this world coming to when a man can't get a donut?

i have actually discovered nirvana and it's very near my house. it's a combined dunkin donuts/baskin robbins. sweet!

MYM said...

coffee an no doughnuts? That's just madness! You need to come to Canada and go to Tim Horton's.

ShannanB said...

How can they serve the coffee and not the munchkins??? It's insanity.

Anonymous said...

It just seems tat the whole purpose of the universe is to make your life more difficult. Hang in there, you probably won't live that long anyway.
KMP

Anonymous said...

Total Anarchy, storm the Capital Dome!

Carolina Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolina Z said...

Do I get to have a parfait AND a donut?? :))

Me, pushing it? I know not what you mean.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Nicely done my friend. You should print this and leave copies all over their store.

Bee said...

The DD by my house hasn't opened yet! >:o[

I'm gonna say this and then run.
I don't like Dunkin' Donuts donuts'!

I do love their coffee though.

Bex said...

I don't know, man, it's their coffee that keeps me sniffing around. The perfect encounter for me is a cup of coffee from DD (with cream and sugar OF COURSE) and then a HOT Donut NOW from Krispy Kreme. Booyah...it just doesn't get any better.

One time I had a DD employee tell me to fuck off. Repeatedly. At 6 in the morning. BEFORE I got my coffee. And I didn't even do anything to her. It's a long story. Anyway, quit your whining and enjoy the joe.

(Nice poem, by the way!)

Anonymous said...

Looks like your DD poem was a big hit! Maybe you are in the wrong line of work.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I guess you'll just have to look for sweet hole action somewhere else!

Alice said...

That is SOOOO wrong.

And I'm from the south so I prefer a good Krispy Kreme anyway.