Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Help Find the Monkees!

Here they come,
Walkin down the street,
Get the funniest looks from,
Every one they meet.....

Hey, hey...

thaaat's enough.

The Monkees are loose!
There is an APB out in Tampa for the Monkeys.

They escaped Saturday and haven't been seen since.






Well, not the Monkees, the monkeys.

15 Patas monkeys.

They escaped from their enclosure on Saturday and are still gone.
See, some zoological nimrod decided that the island surrounded by the moat would simulate their natural environment and hold them in.

Turns out that Patas monkeys CAN SWIM. Probably not a bad thing to strike off the old 'monkey enclosure' checklist.

So these little hellions are hiding out somewhere in Polk County, flingin poo and peein on rooftops.

Next logical step; 25 zookeepers wanderin the streets at all hours of the night, wavin bananas and callin " here monkey, monkey!" Maybe these idiots should google 'monkey' to make sure they eat bananas.

I swear, only in Florida.


16 comments:

Bee said...

Damon, thanks for inserting that blasted song into my brain!

Ha ha! That is hilarious! We have cougars on the loose here. I keep telling Andy to drop and roll if he sees one coming at him, that'll work right? ;o)

damon said...

Drop and roll only works for killer bee attacks. (works for both the insect or the blogger)

avogle said...

I am so glad it wasn't the Monkees. I had such a giganto Peter Tork crush...twenty years late.

Alice said...

Hah - I'd love an interview with the person who OK-ed the moat.

Meg said...

Kinda like building houses in a flood zone--when will we ever learn.

l never had a crush on Peter Tork, but he did wait on me in a Santa Monica restaurant once. Apparently he couldn't cash in on the royalties from MTV stealing their music video idea.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I think they were last seen boarding The Last Train To Clarksville.

The zookeppers should meet them at the station.

avogle said...

@ Meg - If Peter Tork ever waited on me, I would die a happy woman.

melody said...

And they're such CUTE little beasts!! The monkeys, I mean.. not the Monkees.

Ed & Jeanne said...

This is how Planet of the Apes gets started you know...

April said...

LOL ummmmmm...all i could say is "good luck with that" and watch your back!

Kill Audio said...

Dear Damon,

I'm sorry I suck at returning comments, phone calls, smoke signals and pretty much all other forms of communication. But I miss you dearly. And I really want some of those feces pieces!

3XMom said...

lol..too funny! Maybe they should try wearing big yellow hats!

Blog hoppin' Three Martini Mommy

Maureen said...

Hahahahaha!

Sadly, I too now have that song stuck in my head.

Thanks.

Maureen
Blog Hoppin

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Meg - being waited on by a once-worshipped pop icon is kinda sad for him (but must have been pretty cool for you!)

Funny, I thought I saw Davy Jones driving a bus once... maybe it was him after all?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!