Thursday, March 20, 2008

Peep Show

Seems that reguardless of whether the chipmunk saw his shadow or not, spring is here.
Spring means Easter.
Easter means draggin out the grossest, marshmallow, sugar-coated nonsense confectioners could come up with...

Peeps.

Hate 'em.

Which means, by the end of the weekend, I should have every shape and color of these little bastards litterin up my house like Twinkie wrappers at the Rosie O'Donnel estate.

Alright. I get it. Ha Ha. I hate 'em and you keep sending me more. You got me.
Even this picture was sent to me.
I call it an e-peep.

Research has taught me that people do eat them. Fresh, stale, barbecued, fricazeed, or whatever. Even frozen. I guess that would be a peepsicle. There's even some sort of wack job fan club. Ooooh, i can hardly wait for the next peep rally and all the merriment that ensues from gathering all these idiots together.

Since I ain't eatin these things, there's only three uses I can come up with for the plethera of peepy stuff I am about to receive.
1. Sacrafices in some sort of satanic ritual.
2. Food fights.
3. Dropping them, millions at a time, from a Stealth Bomber over Iraq. (Which may be the fastest and cheapest way to end the war! Who has the will to resist us when there's peeps rainin down like hellfire?)

Anyway, I gotta go clear my in-box of all these e-peeps.
But one thing's still buggin me.

Is it a chicken?

humor-blogs.com/ is full of chickens!

24 comments:

melody said...

God, I hate 'em too... Peeps are not right with GOD.

Anonymous said...

great title. i was expecting something totally different! bwahaha!

i hate peeps. not because of the way they taste, but because my children leave them strewn all over the house.

Ed & Jeanne said...

They're fun to hit with hammers...

They make good pads underneath your furniture legs so they don't scuff the hardwoods...

Like Fruitcake over the Holidays, just send them on to relatives you don't like...

Send them back to the manufacturer as a choking hazard...

That's all I got. Good post.

the planet of janet said...

peeps are not meant for peeple.

Ryan said...

"ve"

at least now we know what name gallagher uses on blogger.

ShannanB said...

Peeps are so gross. I hate them too!

Mrs. R said...

My husband is one of those in the Peeps fan club. He gets boxes of them, pokes holes in the packaging, and then waits until they have the exact same composition as a rock before eating them.

I've never understood it.

April said...

I'd say trash 'em, but I fear what they'd do to the landfills.

Blog Hoppin',
Balancing Hops

Anonymous said...

i'm a peeper. get a contact high just being in the vicinity of them. nothing like the taste of food dye masked in sugar and fluff.

better yet are the spacklings of yellow, blue and pink on the walls from the peep fights we have. if you wet them first, they stick pretty well to the wall when thrown.

(bloghoppin' on a Friday night)

Bee said...

Save 'em for a bon fire. If people knew how fast they burn they might not eat them!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I scored a T-shirt for a dollar at Walgreens that featured a giant yellow chicken peep and the words "Where My Peeps At?" It's nice Easter-y theme. I think I'm going to wear it to church tomorrow.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I assume you've seen this picture, right?

See, there are good uses for Peeps!

melody said...

elasticwaistbandlady, I want that shirt!!!

LOVE the peep show. That's so cool!

Alice said...

I bought some today and thought of you. Try putting them in the microwave and watch!!

Mr Lady said...

I actually like Peeps, but I didn't celebrate easter as a kid and ate my first Peeps in my 20's. I'm not burnt out on them yet.

Anyway, you need THIS. It'll make it all better.

Jonah K. Haslap said...

Don't feed peeps to your kids. They're a gateway drug.

appleandi said...

I too love peeps but only two maybe three a year at easter. My hubby didn't know I only like them in small amounts our first year of marriage and bought three big packs for me! I think I ate five total and then told him I only like a few at a time.

... I wonder what they would be like roasted...

~Scrapy BlogHopping

April said...

i vote for #3 dropping them over Iraq! hehe all those melted little peeps! genius!

Anonymous said...

i'd never even heard of peeps before! (i'm from the uk), but they look quite nice actually :P

DB said...

How can you not like peeps? Peeps are maybe the greatest things ever made.

Anonymous said...

My son is 16 months old. We put peeps in his Easter basket -- well, just 2 in an egg. He took one look at it and made the most awful face. Later he touched his tongue to it and cried.

Enough said.

Even a child this young knows they are evil.

--- Jonny's mommy

Posh Totty said...

Hehe you should move to the UK, we do not have peeps here.

Infact until reading this Id never even heard of them before.

It seems this is a peep free place ;o)

Lifelong Learning in MPLS said...

I 2nd DB's (millionaire adventurer) comment. I love peeps. I am already going through withdrawl. It took all my strength to stay away from Target yesterday and not stock pile them to keep me going until next Easter.

Unknown said...

You're too funny. Love it.

Hate them.

However, I have another use for the little buggers. At least three of the ladies in my department love them, so I buy them and give them out as rewards for a job well done, to keep them sweet (I'm the manager).