Thursday, June 5, 2008

No Octopii in Pittsburgh


Good news! Red Wings are Stanley Cup champions!!!
Bad news! No hockey for 3 months.
Now being a dedicated Tampa Bay Lightning fan, I had no real emotional stake in this.
But the Penguins pissed me right off and sent Monday nights game 5 into TRIPLE overtime.
Normally, I don't stay up that late unless there's a good buzz or some good nookie involved.
So, for keeping me awake until 1:00, and not seeing the Stanley Cup paraded around the rink in Detroit....
Take that Penguins.
...I hope you enjoyed being punked on home ice.
Click this for more punks.

6 comments:

Sully Sullivan said...

Yeah the inevitable happen. I saw this coming since that lackluster Game 1. Too bad they couldn't at least hold out for a Game 7. Crosby and friends will be back though.

Anonymous said...

nice! i love the new look. plus i see your post showed on HB. good work.

Angie said...

I am with Sully Sullivan... Pens will be back and hey, staying up late for a good game is worth it. Anyone who stayed up Monday night felt it the next day... and as for being punked on home ice... Pittsburgh fans are behind their team no matter what. Bitter sweet, yes, it was worth the loss not having the Redwings skate with the cup on their home ice!!!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I'm not impressed...all my drinking cups at home are that big too...

April said...

well I give you credit for staying up that late. Unless it involved nookie and cookies I would have picked prescious slumber.

Angie said...

By the way, apparently the Redwings dented the cup at a bar that belongs to the players... they were letting others drink from it!!! now that is a Class act...