Monday, January 28, 2008

send ME your dollar

Over the weekend, ABC news had a poll.
For .99 you could call in and have your voice heard.
Small price to pay, ...less than a buck,...what a bargain.

A chance to take part in the political process.
To possibly help mold the future of our great nation.
For less than one dollar.

What a country.

They posed the question:
If the Presidential election was held today, who would you vote for?

Seems innocent enough.
Think for a moment, choose your candidate, push the phone digits, give your reply.

The results were tallied and pie-graphed at the end of the program.
36% for this schmoo, 29% for that schmuck, 16% for the hillbilly, 8% for Mayor McCheese, and 11% undecided.

Heh, um, what did I miss?
I was careful not to bring any common sense to the old politico table, but 11% of the callers were actually undecided?
The call was a dollar!
What brain-dead political science major makes a .99 phone call and doesn't have a vote?
Say Scooby Doo for a goof.
Vote for Dee from Good Times just for laughs.
But to plunk down your Big-Mac money just to say you don't know?

Picture it;
Hello, ABC news polling line. Who would you like to vote for?
Der, uuuuhhhh, I uuuuhhh, mmmmm, well I am just ahh uhh, not sure.
Thank you for callin in, Gomer.

I do believe I've seen the future America.
And it ain't good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the future and unfortunately without any worthy candidates, there may be a lot more undecided votes. I do agree that maybe they should have saved that dollar ... I am not even sure thinking about it is worth that.

Trouble said...

Okay. This is totally off-topic, but WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THE CUTE, FUNNY, WELL-SPOKEN CARPENTERS IN MY PART OF FLORIDA???!!!

So. Not. Fair.

(My comment makes more sense if you know I am the author of "I Can't Believe He's Still Single.")

Anonymous said...

Did someone say cute carpenter...I need some "wood" work done!!

Chonny Sanchez said...

I couldn't agree more. Did you ever see the South Park episode where the candidates were a douche and a turd? That's kind of how I feel about this...I say pay the dollar and vote McLovin!

Anonymous said...

Ya,
I want to know where all the cute, sweet, romantic carpenters are too. I will even pay a dollar to find out! Seems somewhat off topic though!
I got the point you were making-guess they had trouble deciding on the candidate as well as what to do with the dollar.

the mystic said...

Oh my god, let's hope my crazy conspiracy theories are right and the networks just make up those percentages.

Brent Diggs said...

I'll take undecided for $500.